For the three of you who've yet to see this meme... iTunes. Random. First 25 songs, post a line. Let people guess the song. Yay!
In addition, I have 25.5. This is because one of the songs is by someone who doesn't yet have a record deal... so maybe fifteen people on my friends have ever heard this song, and maybe three of those will recognize a line out of context. So you get an extra.
1. Darkness has a hunger that's insatiable, and lightness has a call that's hard to hear
2. Fuses pumping live heat twisting out on a wire
3. There's not a line here that goes here that rhymes with anything (Anything, anything)
4. You've got to take your opportunities or stay on the shelf
5. There's thirty people in the kitchen and there's always room for more
6. Look around you, all you see are sympathetic eyes
7. And making the arrangements, I'm feeling quite deranged
8. It's getting rough, off the cuff I've got to say enough's enough
9. It's black and white and faded, and it's looking pretty worn
10. And there in the still all that you feel is tranquility
11. Hats, bats, shoes, booze, mountain bikes, potpourri, leather bags, girlie mags, 45s, AZT!
12. If I could choose to start it over I'd exercise more discretion
13. She took it till she'd had enough... Is that what I thought love was?
14. I'm the cockroach in your tinseltown - cry you mercy, I am the law
15. Why do I find it hard to write the next line?
16. And though he never would wave goodbye, you could see it written in his eyes
17. Her lips were as red as the Jell-o in the window display
18. And I return as chained and bound to you
19. Sometimes you tell the day by the bottle that you drink
20. I have a history of taking off my shirt
21. And then I'll shout it from the rooftops like a lunatic that's found his mind
22. love is like a razor blade - double edge and double pain
23. I'm killin' your brain like a poisonous mushroom
24. Well I don’t know but I’ve been told - you never slow down, you never grow old
25. He's trying hard to let it go, but he keeps looking back toward her
25.5 Calling the mantra with a blade in the skin for the demons within