Happy birthday to eilonwy
! And happy belated birthday to aquila_dominus
, and anyone else I missed!State of the 'Song
Only at a slight frazzle, really.Story!
So I swear I was going to mention that I sold "I Am Thinking of You in the Spaces Between" to Apex Magazine, but I was waiting for the contract. And now, boom! it is up.
So you should go read it
And read the rest of the magazine too
, because you guys! Poetry by tithenai
! I am in marvelous company!I have been
one acquainted with the night
cleaning, reorganizing, helping gwynraven
move, finishing and starting projects. The Strowler Arts Association paperwork has been filed. I am helping with Sindrian Arts stuff. I have been quietly accruing stuff for art projects. I have been having family meetings. I have been discovering hidden things with my writing.
I have a cat on my lap.
The good one.Have I told You About Elayna?
* She tried out for her school's a capella
group! And she got in!
* We're trying her on a gluten-free diet for a few weeks to see if it helps her fatigue.Link Soup
* I want Aaron Diaz's Justice League
* I love this mobile cabinet of curiosities
* I'm seriously consider joining the street medics
* We're going to see Kim Boekbinder
at the Ames Hotel tonight. (After hardcore menu planning, after picking up this week's CSA share, after I do everything else I have to do today.) We may swing by Occupy Boston afterward; we have blankets to donate, and they're in need of 'em.
* Tomorrow we're taking Victoria in for her X-rays; we hope that she'll be deemed well enough to forego the cage. She still has a limp, but she may always. Then we'll see goddesfarmer
in the afternoon, and I have a BARCC tabling at the Somerville domestic violence vigil
that I'm hauling the whole family to, because we're going straight from there to the Rebecca Loebe concert at Berklee
. You should join us there!
* Thursday and Friday I am claiming as writing days entire. Thursday night is Elayna's back-to-school night.For Now
If I can manage to unseat the cat, I must go shower. Then write about-the-poem and about-the-story posts about my two recent publications for ShiraLipkin.com. And I have e-mail stuff to handle, and some Sindrian Arts stuff while sindrian
's here to bounce questions off of. And possibly a currently-sekrit thing, but I'm not sure.
And how are you?