Happy early birthday to jet_li_wannabe
, who advance a year over the weekend!
Hello to new reader banshiecat
!State of the 'Song
Yesterday I was under the weather. Literally. The solid week of miserable weather had me in serious pain, full-body and head.
Three Robaxin at once is too much. ASK ME HOW I KNOW.
I'm a little better today, but still a bit achy and nauseous. State of the Elayna
Down yesterday with a fever and a stuffy head. Staying home again today. Since Adam's going to be out of town, if this doesn't prove to be one of those 24-hour bugs, my weekend plans may have just shifted to "hang out with sick kid and marathon Gilmore Girls
".State of the Jack
His face is in my faaaaace.s00j has a video!Link Soup
* Here is Sady nailing it again
is a damn fine post.
* Scott Weiland of STP has just come out as a rape survivor
, and Sugar Ray Leonard has come out as a sexual assault survivor
. We're seeing more and more people speak about this, and more and more men. When people ask if I think that the movement's work is really making a difference, I point to stuff like this. Can you even imagine these guys disclosing these things five, ten years ago? Welcome to the tectonic shift.
* What do *you* like in a con?
* Speaking of cons, here's info on the Wiscon POC dinner
* Man, I do not have time to unpack the layers of class privilege in this article about "push presents"
. You guys aren't 101 anyway, you can see for yourselves. But: “It’s more and more an expectation of moms these days that they deserve something for bearing the burden for nine months, getting sick, ruining their body,”
- pardon? *looks down at her freakin' fantastic body that grew a whole person and is now ornamented with pretty silvery stretch marks* I THINK YOU ARE CONFUSED. Daily ScienceExoplanet near Gliese 581 star 'could host life'
: Black cowlneck and jeans, sparrow knee-high socks.Reading
: Who's Your City?
by Richard Florida.Writing
: It has not been a week for that, much to my chagrin.Knitting
: This shawl
in watercolory worsted-weight yarn.Planning
: Today, work and maybe nap, maybe writing, depends what the weather does.
Tomorrow: If Elayna's not sick: Stand Tall Against Sexual Violence: Female Fight Fundraiser
, then a party, then a sleepover at feste_sylvain
Sunday: If Elayna's not sick, baby shower!