Happy early birthday to aquila_dominus
, and farwing
, all of whom advance a year over the weekend!State of the 'Song
More sleep last night, but still in a haze right now, with some minor aches from this accursed weather.Oh, Facebook.
I get the oddest job-ish offers through social media. (No, I am not talking about sex; I have gotten random hey-babied, but no one's offered to pay me for it, perhaps because I'm wearing a Giant Squid Hat in my picture.) The world we live in is not the one we children of the '80s imagined. I am perpetually puzzled and amused and along for the ride.Unrelated
Elayna is making her cat dance to Front Line Assembly.Please Help
Links about the recent suicides of five (five!) queer teenagers due to bullying in the past month
* Murder is Being Done
* just because I didn't kill myself, doesn't mean I didn't feel like I was dying
* It Gets Better. Also … Grief. Please #stayalive.
How can you help?
* The It Gets Better Project
* The We Got Your Back Project
* I think this
is my new favorite LOLcat.
* Gorgeous typographic maps
. I want the Boston one.
* New issue of Cabinet des Fees
, including work by cucumberseed
, and Tamson House's very own malinaldarose
* Want to review Steam Powered? Or interview an author
?Link Soup: Daily Science Edition
* A new type of supernova is forcing astronomers to rethink the lives of the biggest stars
* Scientists define molecular on-off switches for cancer and autoimmunity
* 'Great strides' in treatment of stroke, headache, epilepsy
* The unusual "knot" in the bright, narrow ribbon of neutral atoms emanating in from the boundary between our solar system and interstellar space appears to have "untied," according to a paper published online in the Journal of Geophysical Research.Friday Memage!Wearing
: Gunmetal grey drapey top, jeans.Reading
: Do It Anyway: The New Generation of Activists
by Courtney Martin, and Antiphon
by Ken Scholes.Writing
: Temple prostitutes story is still cooking.Knitting
: The Arabella shawl in Mmmmmmmalabrigo sock (Azules). The last baby blanket in my queue in Dream in Color Classy (Visual Purple).Planning
Today: Work, then the stuff I did not get around to yesterday, unless nap. Adam and I are going to see Tucker & Dale vs. Evil
tonight, yay! And then I'll assign Arisia panelists so I can get my list to the schedulers for tomorrow's session.
Tomorrow: Is the first day of October volunteer training! And I have a date with sindrian
Sunday: I have no actual plans, but I remember being invited to bunches of things when I didn't have access to my Google calendar. Oh, there's a counter-protest
in Boston Common; that was the big one. Maybe. Or maybe I'll double down and bust ass on that shawl. And... I've heard of this thing called "rest".