StrowlerCon is October 8-10 in Woburn, MA, and we are going to rock like you would not believe
. Join us in the Grand Ballrooms of the Woburn Holiday Inn, just north of Boston, on Columbus Day weekend — October 8th-10th, 2010 — for three nights of entertainment (live music, circus arts, burlesque) and two days of workshops, panels and other activities, including a special 10/10/10 celebration, and a Maker Showcase featuring inventions and material creations as well as artwork by local creators and attendees.
Click there to buy tickets - $45 for the weekend, $25 per day for day passes (so if you're going for more than one day, it pays to just buy the $45 weekend pass). To reserve your hotel room, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can't go but want to support StrowlerCon and sponsor a strowler? We have supporting memberships
, and they come with goodies.
Okay. You have the technical details. But 'song, you say, what did you say about ROCKING?
Here you GO.
Friday night: Concerts by SJ Tucker
, and Gypsy Nomads
, the Monster's Ball featuring SJ Tucker, Catherynne Valente, Lee Harrington, and other special guests, and a late-night naughty show!
* Day One of a two-day intensive writing workshop with Catherynne Valente (catvalente
* Sacred Kink and Rope Sex workshops with the amazing Lee Harrington
* Burlesque workshop!
* Guitar workshop with Ben Deschamps
* Costuming workshop with cluegirl
, the Wandering Legion
, and Lady Cyanide!
* Poi-spinning tutorial with K Wiley (omnisti
* "Zen for Clowns" - Beginning Contact Juggling and Object Manipulation with Russ Sharek
* A reading by catvalente
* Panels about Making Your Own Way; Strowlers in Myth, Legend, and Folklore; disaster stories from street theater; and Meet the Performers sessions with Tricky Pixie
and Sharon Knight
Saturday night: Concerts by Tricky Pixie, Sharon Knight, Heather Dale
, and Kellianna - and a naughty nightime show, Vagabond Vaudeville: Mountebanks, Shewers of Tricks, and Wanderers of Fortune, with tawdry circus performers, bodacious burlesque by Rogue Burlesque, a rope show by Lee Harrington, MCing by the infamous lightcastle
, and so much more! (This will probably be your only chance to see me tied up on stage, I am just saying. So if that is relevant to your interests, hey!)
* VIP brunch to celebrate 10:10:10!
* Day Two of the writing workshop!
* Maskmaking workshop with ioianthe
of The Uncommon Facade
* Busking for Beginners with cluegirl
* Juggling for Beginners with slipjig
* Circus Arts for Beginners with Frank Mohr!
* Improv workshop with Frank Mohr!
* Vocal workshop with Sharon Knight!
* Origami workshop with Andrew Anselmo
* Gentlemen's Duelling with the Wandering Legion!
* A reading by me (Shira Lipkin)!
* An hour with s00j
* Accessory-making workshop with cluegirl
, Lady Cyanide, and potentially others!
* Panels on cross-media collaboration (with s00j
, and me) and Music as Magic; Meet the Performers sessions with s00j
, Heather Dale, and the Gypsy Nomads!
Sunday night: Concerts by Heather Dale, Sharon Knight, and the Gypsy Nomads, and the StrowlerCon Challenge - a no-holds-barred open mic where you might actually get to see me dance.
All of this AND a maker showcase and art show and vendors including Kythryne of Wyrding Studios
, Dark Siren Designs
, Parrish Relics
, Red Fork Empire
, Behind the Mask
, and many more, with demos going all the time!
So buy those tickets (only $45 for all of this
!), reserve that hotel room, and come have truly epic amounts of fun at StrowlerCon. This is going to rock. your. socks.