* I have packed all of the Blogathon auction items that have been paid for and aren't being picked up/handed off in person. Go team me. Only 5 winners have yet to pay, and I'm seeing one of them Monday, so he may be just planning to give me money then.
* As noted last night, my hair is coming in blonde. This is an odd thing. I had blonde hair as a child; my stylist in Florida calls the color I've had most of my adolescent and adult life ash blonde, but really it was more of a light brown. Last time it fell out and grew back in it grew back darker brown. This is markedly blonde
, and particularly obvious when I'm wearing a headband and you can see the blonde roots without them blending as much. It's like my hair was like "hey, you had blonde highlights like a year and a half ago, so this is what you wanted, right?" It's weird. And it's not like golden
blonde. But it's enough that people who've met me in the last few months refer to me as being blonde.
* I do keep wanting to just grab the scissors and hack it all off. That comes and goes.
* I slept for four hours this morning, had perfect clarity of thought for about half an hour, then got brainfoggy again. But not as bad as it had been.
* We have dandelion greens.
* One of Victoria's extra claws grew into the pad of her paw! *wince* Ow. Taking her to the vet tomorrow afternoon. Thank goodness she doesn't run when you go to pick her up, like Jack does.
* I have not been talking about Elayna! She's still having an awesome time. Tonight is their last dance; tomorrow they pull an all-nighter, and Saturday we get her back. She loves her Shakespeare mini-course as much as she loved the vampire mini-course. She's writing a modernization of the last bit of The Taming of the Shrew
. (Yes, she's seen 10 Things I Hate About You
. Hers is different.) Criminal Psychology is apparently epic, and Forensic Science made their own CSI show. She's lobbying to get video put up on Facebook. She rocked the talent show singing s00j
's "Ravens in the Library" a cappella. She is essentially made of win. Oh, and her friends here have just informed her that their Backyard Shakespeare play this year is The Winter's Tale
, which she *just* saw at Explo, so that worked out wonderfully.