* If I had $450, I could get to irana
's service. This is pretty much precisely what Elayna's and my new glasses just cost. Argh.
* Adjusting to said glasses. Mark says it should take a few weeks. Argh.
* Yes I have much argh.
* I did get a nap today, which I'd really needed.
* Oh god my mother needs a punch in the face. Her response to Irana's death? "This is why you need to take care of yourself." Like Irana wasn't? Hell of an assumption. "Tell Adam he needs to lose weight." What? Because of health risks, she says. Adam's diet is not really at the top of my emotional list right now.
* Mom just called back. "I just remembered who she was," she says. "She was the black lady."
Mom: "Well, one of them, I guess."
I wasn't even going to call my mother, I'll have you know. Adam told me to. Therefore I blame Adam.
* Okay, a thing what is not argh - I happened to look out my window and see the new neighborhood outdoor cat strolling across the street, and made it downstairs in time to say hi. Lovely small black cat with green eyes; well-fed and well-socialized. Hung out with him/her for a bit, delivering skritches. I worry about outdoor cats. This one didn't have a collar or tags, either. But clearly a pet, not a stray; not scrawny, and clearly loves humans. And other cats, as he/she's apparently friendly with the big orange fella next door; they sniffed each other genially. The orange one could care less about humans, though.
* I am taking it easy, pretty much. My cough came back last night and persisted today a bit. I begged off distributing flyers in South Station in favor of rest, and I'm debating whether I should go out tomorrow night... my body is still not past the pneumonia, and the last thing I need is to end up in the hospital.
* The exhaustion is at least a step up from the all-day sobbing fits and uncontrollable shaking that was yesterday.
* I am cuddling cats and hanging out with Adam and reading Going Bovine
by Libba Bray and Dead Matter
. That is where I am.