Digging through my inbox, I found people's long-ago requests for me for the five-words meme, wherein I am meant to elaborate on what the five assigned words mean to me.
* Family: Is not necessarily of blood. I am very much about chosen family; I have sisters that are technically no relation to me, but they're sisters all the same. Cousins, too. Family is Home.
* Creativity: I don't so much know how to address this one, which angle to take! I am surrounded by creative people. I spin stories out of random fragments of life. kythryne
looks at a pile of beads and makes of it something exquisite. s00j
makes there be music
. So many people. Everyone has something. And if you don't have something that you do or make or are, maybe you just haven't found your thing yet. But I think all people are inherently creative. You can see it in the way children play.
* Motherhood: Kicks ass. Really, having Elayna = best decision ever. And sometimes she drives me crazy, yeah, but she's a teenager. This happens. But she's kinda one of the most awesome people I know, and raising her has brought a lot of good stuff out of me, too, I think. I et totally excited thinking about her future.
* Conventions: Fun and crazy and busy. Cons for me are mostly business these days, but they're *fun* business. In what other career can you run around a hotel laughing in a corset all weekend? What other career that I would actually do
, mind you. Also, great opportunity to see friends from far away, wonderful energy, epic parties.
* Jewelry: Addicted to shiny things. Magpie 'song. I love jewelry - the bigger/more unusual the better. I never used to wear it, believe it or not, but I have spent
the last five years developing a tolerance for iocane powder
the last... seven years or so? edging into general peacockery, shifting from jeans and t-shirts to sparkly skirts and corsets, feathers and beads. Oh, and behold my most recent purchase
* Twirling: Makes my skirts flare out in a way that is most pleasing to me, and makes my quite giddy.
* Curving: Waist to hip to thigh when I'm lying on my side; that's my favorite. Curves in general are good. On other women. On my cane, which has many twists that are pleasing to the hand.
* Smiling: I think I disorient fellow commuters when I smile at them. They always look startled before they smile back. I wish I was less self-conscious about my smile...
* Singing: I sing all the time, and wish I was better at it! Have been told that with voice lessons, I'd be good, but they're not as high a priority as a new laptop. But I sing all the time anyway. Unsurprising, given my name of choice. Dance, too.
* Working: When you gave me these, work was still 100% the writing. But now it is BARCC. And... dude, I love working at BARCC, even with days like Friday. Because it is meaningful work
, which is what I have always wanted. I am actively doing good in the world.