Happy birthday to jetshade
Lots of bitter exhaustion and crashing. I have to keep reminding myself that a) I am fully glutened and therefore and at 1/3 energy, and the energy will come back
, and b) I'm running around like crazy after work, too.
So either one of those things would be a horrible body-crushing thing, on top of four hours of work + two hours and walking a few miles of commute.
And the fact that I am in physical hell over this is not an indicator that I cannot do the job, cannot sustain this. It's that I can't do the job + every damn other thing while I am having massive gluten fatigue. That's a big difference.
I only must drag my ass through three more workdays like this.Family in Need
My friend's co-worker wasn't in the office yesterday; she left a message for her. Will let you know soon as I know.On the Off Chance
Is anyone not working tomorrow? I need to get to the airport around noon, noon-thirty, and the thought of taking the T makes me nervous just because I don't trust the Silver Lie to run on time, and I have limited time. This would be just for me; Adam and Elayna are leaving from home, I'm leaving from work, which is in Central Square.Link Soup, Daily Science Edition
* Some black holes may actually be 'quark stars'.
* EVIDENCE for the Higgs boson could be pouring down upon us from deep space. If so, an orbiting space telescope could upstage the Large Hadron Collider in the search for the elusive particle.
* Synthetic red blood cells
* Hidden sensory system discovered in skin
* Astronomers announced today that they have discovered a "super-Earth" orbiting a red dwarf star 40 light-years from Earth. They found the distant planet with a small fleet of ground-based telescopes no larger than those many amateur astronomers have in their backyards. Although the super-Earth is too hot to sustain life, the discovery shows that current, ground-based technologies are capable of finding almost-Earth-sized planets in warm, life-friendly orbits. Plans
Work. Adam finally balanced the checkbook, so I must pay bills before we leave. Must also order Dad's gift. And pack for our trip. Including figuring out what backpack to use; the laptop backpack won't survive the trip, but my other backpacks are less structured
, so I must find the most structured backpack. Must load stuff onto Kindle and hope it doesn't randomly dump its battery charge like it's been doing. (Send me your manuscripts; I'll read 'em if the Kindle actually works!) Must get Elayna started packing. Must remember to pack meds, and call in anything I'm low on. Must clean the entire downstairs. I must, I must, I must. Before 6:30, because I also must get to my friend's play. And I have zero time tomorrow morning.
Three more gluten workdays. Just three more.