* I finally made Mark watch RENT
today - the DVD of the final Broadway performance, not the movie - because I was sick of him panning it without actually watching it. Reader, he cried.
* But in order to get him to watch it, I had to promise to watch a movie of his choice. His choice? Yellow Submarine
. Anyone got any earplugs I can borrow? *plaintive look* No, I'll watch it and listen to it - deal's a deal - and hopefully after seeing me supremely unmoved, he'll finally accept that I will never like The Beatles.
* I am aware that those are fighting words. Very well. To incense even more people: I can't stand Lord of the Rings
* Elayna spent her chill time at Explo between the coffeehouse and the dance in the computer lounge - on Gchat with Adam. Aw. :)
* She sang "Where I Want to Be"
at the coffeehouse, a capella
. I'm not sure how she got it from baritone to alto; she was too shy to belt it in the enclosed space of the car, but has promised to sing it for us tomorrow.
* She had so much fun at Explo this summer. Once again, thank you so much, those of you who helped get her there!
* Tomorrow, NYC - express train, and dinner at the Mesa Grill, where I will decide if I can like Bobby Flay even though he pissed off Iron Chef Morimoto. Sunday, brunch somewhere awesome (don't know where), and see The Marvelous Wonderettes
off-Broadway (Elayna's most interested in In the Heights
, but it was sold out. We'll try to get to it when it's in Boston in January). And after lunch on Monday, Elayna and I go down to Florida!
* I don't expect to be able to check e-mail more than once a day through Tuesday. If it's an emergency, call my cell phone; number's in my Facebook info.
* And now, bed.