* Tabled for BARCC today, which was exactly the right thing to do after medical agita - a thing what helps people, and keeps me from stewing in my own juices. Was a good tabling. I managed a passable few dialogues in my elementary-school Spanish, and they provided lunch for us - cheeseburgers and potato salad, om nom nom.
* New short story germinating in my brain. The workshop assignment previously mentioned. Has to include trains and convesation. So. "The Cartographer's Funeral".
* I frogged the previously almost-finished recycled sari silk headband and redid it, longer and thinner; six rows were better than ten. It is perfect now. Knitted entirely in the waiting room and on the bus & train.
* Places You Haunt
continues to germinate, too. Doodle's voice is more present every day.
* I am grateful. For so much.
* I am homesick. Homesick for life-before-chronic-illness. But, like many of the countries of my grandmother's youth, that home no longer exists. So I blow a kiss in its general direction, and I keep walking my path.
* I ought to call my grandmother tonight. My parents are out of the country, and she's notorious for not taking care of herself - with them not around, I ought to check up on her.
* I also ought to write about all the things I love about BARCC.
is returning from Israel right about now, which makes all of us very happy.
* Elayna is likely on her way home from her Girl Scout trip right about now, too. Which makes *me* very happy.
So. I am doing fine. How are you?